Building software is hard as developers have to work with 100s of moving parts and abstractions. This is where developer tools come to the rescue which make life so much easier for us. We are as good as our tools we use and this couldn’t be more true in case of software development. So we have put together a list of 20 developer tools which have created significant buzz in the year 2018.
1. Postman — It is a simple tool which allows developers to test, document, monitor, mock, debug and publish APIs.
2. Kubernetes — Kubernetes has off late set the developer world on fire. It is an open-source system for managing your containerized applications that was originally built by experts at Google and later donated to the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
3. Enpointer — Enpointer is our very own opensource integrated devOps platform which allows you to track issues, document your code, manage git repos, build and test APIs etc.
4. Atom — A hackable text editor for the 21st Century. It features Cross-platform editing, File system browser, Built-in package manager, Smart autocompletion etc. And its built by team behind Github.
5. HEML — HEML is an open source markup language for building responsive email. Think of it like HTML but optimised for emails. You can use HEML to build your emails look beautiful and it works quite similar to how you build websites.
6. Lottie — Lottie is an open source mobile library opensourced by AirBnB for iOS, Android, and React Native that renders Adobe After Effects animations in real time, allowing apps to use animations as easily as they use static images.
7. Kur —Kur is a system for quickly building and applying cutting edge deep learning models to new problems. Even machine learning enthusiasts can get started with Kur easily and do expert level stuff.
9. Docker Secrets — So Docker Secrets basically integrates secret distribution directly into the container platform. Docker has off late been pushing a lot into security and Docker Secrets is it’s attempt to walk the talk there.
10.LocalStack— LocalStack is a fully functional local AWS cloud stack by team at Atlassian. Its major features include continuous integration, cost-effective testing, and speed and ease of use.